- Every student of this college shall procure a copy of Handbook of Information and admission form which will be available in the college office on payment of Rs. 50/- on counter for B.A., B.Sc. & B.Com. classes & Rs. 300/- for B.B.A., B.C.A., M.Com., M.Sc. (Math), B.Ed. & PGDCA classes. Add Rs. 50/-extra if desired by registered post.
- Admission to all classes shall be given to the students after their application forms are scrutinized and recommended by the Admission Committee and faculty in charge.
- A student seeking admission shall have to appear in person along with his/her parent/guardian before the admission committee.
- After getting the admission form checked and recommended, the same be presented with the faculty incharge for final scrutiny/ admission.
- The decision of the Principal regarding refusal/approval of admission shall be final & binding on all concerned.
- If a student fails to deposit his/her dues immediately after his/her admission form is signed by the Principal, his/her admission shall be treated as cancelled not withstanding any provision contained in the college prospectus.
- Admission form should be firmly tagged with all documents.
- Students must see the notice board for important notices regularly.
ROLL OVER SYSTEM
- Students placed under compartment in 10+2 class will not be admitted to 1st year of BA, B.Com. and B.Sc., BBA, BCA.
- Admission / promotion will not be allowed to those students who may pass/get compartment on re-evaluation after the expiry of the scheduled dates.
- Students from other universities may not be granted admission to part II and Part Ill classes of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com.
- If a student has a gap period of one year or more in studies he/she shall have to furnish in writing an affidavit duly attested by the 1st Class Magistrate, the proof of his/her activities during the gap period. No admission is to be made merely on the basis of an affidavit. Conclusive proof would be required for condoning gap years. Such student has to furnish character certificate from 1st Class magistrate at the time of admission.
- Total %age of reserved seats in case of S.C./S.T. will be 22.5%. i.e. 15% for S.C. & 7.5% for S.T. If seats remain vacant, the same will be offered to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in order of merit. Percentage of reservation of seats for the purpose of seeking admission for disabled students has been extended from 3% to 5%.
- A concession of 5% marks will be given to the scheduled caste and scheduled tribe candidates. They will also be given age relaxation of 3 years.
- The students who appeared from this college and their results are either not declared or declared as R.L. or C.S. will be admitted provisionally to the next class for a period of 3 months on payment of all dues and tuition fees for three months on due dates of admission. All other charges will be collected when his/her result is declared by the university and the candidate approaches the college authorities for regularization of his or her admission. If a candidate fails to get the admission regularized by the 31st of August, the admission shall stand cancelled automatically and no refund of dues will be made. No application will be entertained after the due date.
- Those students who have passed their previous examination from University/Board other than those of Himachal Pradesh will be admitted at their own risk and responsibility and will be required to obtain eligibility certificates from Himachal Pradesh University. All such students shall have to submit an affidavit duly attested by a Notary or Ist Class Magistrate in this regard. The specimen affidavit is attached as Annexure-I
- Students failing in all the subjects or failing twice in the same class shall not be admitted in the college.
- Failed students of other institution will not be admitted to any class.
- A candidate who has been expelled or rusticated anywhere shall not be admitted in the college.
- Any candidate seeking admission on wrong information in respect of age, subjects and % age of marks, his/her admission shall be cancelled at any time when it comes to the notice of the University/College. Please note that ultimate authority for accepting the admission of student is HP University Shimla.
- All admissions shall be strictly provisional and subject to the rules/ordinances of the H.P. University. The college shall not be responsible for the cancellation of the admission/candidature of any student admitted to the college and fee will not be refunded.
- Not with standing anything contained in the foregoing rules, a student shall be refused admission if his/her conduct during any previous year in the college/school has been unsatisfactory.
- The Principal reserves the right to refuse/terminate any admission without assigning any reason.
- Parents must sign the declaration attached with the admission form.
- Separate University enrollment / registration form must be filled by the students seeking fresh admission to B.A., B.Com.,/B.Sc., BBA and BCA Part- I.
Note: UMC cases need not apply for admission.
Documents Required at the of Admission
- Matriculation certificate for verification of the date of birth.
- Character certificate from the Principal from the institution last attended (only for new students)
- Attested copies of the certificates/marks sheet/Provisional certificate of previous examination passed.
- Migration certificate from Board/University if the candidate comes from outside the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Copy of registration card (for those who are already registered).
- Two copies of the latest pass port size and one stamp size color photographs to be pasted firmly at the place provided for the admission form and identity card.
- Equivalence/eligibility certificate in case of a student who wishes to join a course in the college on the basis of qualification obtained by him/her from Board/University other than H.P.U./H.P. School Board of Education.
- Himachal Bonafide certificate
Note : Students are required to produce original certificates at the time of interview with the admission committee.
Age Limit for T.D.C. Classes :Age as on 1stJuly 2014
T.D.C.-1 Below 23 years (25 years for girls)
T.D.C.-11 Below 24 years
T.D.C.-III Below 25 years
Relaxation up to 3 years may be allowed to S.C./S.T. Candidates