Bachelor of Commerce
B.Com —> Faculty
Deptt. of Commerce :
- Sh. Sunil Joshi M.Com., M.Phil.
- Dr. Anoop K. SharmaB.Com.(Hons),M.Com.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.
- Dr. Yogesh PhulM.Com., B.Ed., M.Phil., Ph. D.
ADMISSION TO B.Com -> Ist Semester (Under Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (R.U.S.A)
Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla has already introduced semester system from Academic Session 2013-14. Students seeking admission to 1st year of 3 year’s, B.Com. degree shall have to study a[I compulsory and elective subjects as offering by the University.
Students must be carefully that:-
- Number of seats in B.Com. I are limited, students are advised to fill their applications forms well in time.
- Admission shall be made strictly according to merit list to be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Xl l class examination. 3) Papers to be studied in B.Com -I sem are
- Major subjects
- Elective Subjects
- BCC0l01 and BCC0102
- BCE0101 and BCE0102
- In addition
- As per H.P University rules 75% seats will be filled out of the candidates who have passed their +2 examination from the schools situated in Himachal Pradesh irrespective of the board. Remaining 25% seats will be filled On all India basis. Other reservation of H.P. University shall be applicable. However the seats can be offered to the other candidates,if candidates from Himachal are not available.
Examination Scheme of B.Com under RUSA Out of 100 marks of a subject:
- Annual Examination50 Marks (to be conducted by HPU)
- Ist Term Exam15 Marks to be held as notified by the college
- IInd Term Exam15 Marks to be held as notified by the college
- Assignment15 Marks to be submitted as notified by the college
- Class Attendance05 Marks (as per details given below)
Weightage for attendance
- ≥75% but >80%1 mark
- ≥80% but >85%2 mark
- ≥85% but >90%3 mark
- ≥90% but >90%4 mark
- ≥95%5 mark
B.Com —-> 2nd year
Admission to 2nd year (3rd Semester) of B.Com Under R.U.S.A.
- All Bonafide students of the college who have appeared as regular candidate from our college shall be promoted and admitted to 2nd year (3rd Sem.) on provisional basis On payment of all dues.
- It must be noted carefully by the students of B.A. and B.Sc. that major and Minor/Elective subjects can not be changed in 2nd year of the course. However students of B.Com. shall continue with the subjects as offered bythe university.
B.Com —-> 3nd year
THE SCHEME FOR INTERNAL ASSESSMENT FOR B.Com part III only (Under Old System).Vide University Letter No. 6- 38/2005 (SUG) – HPU (Acad) dt. 4 June 2007)
Formula for Internal Assessment
- 20% of the Maximum Marks in each paper for InternalAssessment
- 80% for University Examination
- 20% assigned to Internal Assessment to be Sub-divided as follows.
- 15% for House Examinations
- 5% for Regularity in attendance
Weightage for attendance
- 75% to 79%1 mark
- 80% to 82%2 mark
- 83% to 85%3 mark
- 86% to 88%4 mark
- 89% and above5 mark
B.Com-III (Old System)
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting and Financial Management
- Indirect Taxes
- Information Technology and Its Application in Business Theory
- Business Environment