SHRI VISHNU S.D.P.G COLLEGE BHATOLI

  svsdpgbhatoli@gmail.com        01975-256044

Department of Computer Application

Co-Ordinator: Prof. DP Thakur

Mobile No. 7018004593, Email:dthakur90@yahoo.com

Faculty Profile

  • Arvind Rana(M.Com, MCA, M.Phil(CS), PhD(course work completed))

Mobile No. 8219302107, Email:a8219302107@gmail.com

  • Bindu Sharma(M.A., MCA, PhD(Pursuing))

Mobile No. 9805457947, Email: bindumanusahore@gmail.com 

  • Samriti Rana(B.Tech(CS), M.Tech(CS), PhD(course work completed))

Mobile No. 8699278039, Email: samritirana1989@gmail.com 

Courses:

  1. BCA (120 Seats)
  2. PGDCA (60 Seats)

A Brief History of Department of Computer Application

The department of Computer Science was established in the year 1996-97. Next year in 1997-98 a “certificate course in computer” under Human Resource Development (H,R.D.) Scheme of Govt, of India was started, Keeping in view the increasing demand for computer learning of this area, “Bachelor of Computer Application” (B.C.A.) was introduced in the year 1999-2000. These computer courses are designed to develop young students into Software Professionals with global perspective.

The Computer department consists of department office, lecture rooms and three fully air- conditioned spacious and sound proof computer labs. There are 76 Computers connected with each other through Local Area Network (LAN) and all these computers are having latest configuration and high speed. The department provides its students a golden opportunity to work on lastest operating systems.

Computer labs are well equipped with application software and packages mentioned in the syllabus of the above mentioned courses as well as out of courses to march our students ahead of the world. The hallmark of this department has been exclusive by focused approach on practical knowledge without which theoretical knowledge loses its substances & relevance. The qualified experience & dedicated faculty gives extra time to students other than their practical time of work on Computer Seminars, industrial visits, guests and lectures and other extra currJcular activities to impart extra knowledge and professional skills to its students are arranged by the college.

The Computer department is the part of “WORLD WIDE WEB”. Internet facility is provided to the students so that they can keep pace with the latest technology and development taking place in the world.

Fast Track Career of B.C.A.

There are different paths to one’s dream career. But a youngster is in danger of getting carried away by the glamour and take up careers which may neither be glamorous nor well paying. It is important, therefore, to keep the objectives clear for that buzz-word among students is “COMPUTER”. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) touches us in many forms whether we use a credit card, go for shopping, travelling to a distant land or go to the movies. So in the near future every sector whether it is Education, Business, Entertainment, Sports, Administration etc. would be using computer to the extent as large possible.

Eligiblity:-

Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination from H.P Board/CBSE/ICSE or any other examination considered equivalent to 10+2, by the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla, with 40% Marks (35% marks for SC/ST category) shall be eligible.

Maximum age limit for admission to BCA course is 21 years for general category, 24 years for SC/ST category and 23 years for girls candidates, as on the 1st July of the year concerned. The Vice Chancellor may permit age relaxation upto maximum of three months.

Mode of Selection:-

The admission to BCA course will be made on the basis of merit of the 12thexamination.

As per H.P University rules 75% seats will be filled out the candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from the school situated in Himachal Pradesh irrespective of the Board. Remaining 25% seats will be filled on all India basis. Other reservation rules of H.P University shall be applicable.

About PGDCA

Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) is a post-graduate level program offered at various universities. PGDCA is a specialised course that prepares students in the field of computer application. The course deals with key aspects related to computer applications and software, such as Java, C++, Database Management System, Operating System, Web Programming, etc. The course provides a wide scope in the field of Information Technology (IT).

Eligibility Criteria for PGDCA

Graduation with 50% for general candidate and 45% for SC/ST.

PGDCA Admission Process

Majorly, admission to PGDCA is granted on the basis of merit of graduation marks.