Department of Botany
Department of botany established in the year 1979. Botany department of SVSD PG College is running academic program at UG level. The department consists of a department office, a laboratory and a museum. The lab is well maintained and equipped with microscope, specimens, and other experimental apparatuses. The department is enriched with learning resources such as charts, museum, specimens, permanent slides, models and many more.
Goals and objectives:
- The main objective of this course is to not only provide academic knowledge but also enhance knowledge of botany at aesthetic level.
- To enhance student’s perception and observational skills.
- And to know the intricacy of nature’s creation and its perfection.
- Naina Devi Assistant Professor Botany M.Sc, HP SET, GATE (HOD)
- Ravi Kumar Lab attendant MA
Course content: (Botany minor)
- sc 1st year Plant biodiversity BOTA 101PR
Plant ecology and taxonomy BOTA 102PR
- sc 2nd year Plant anatomy and embryology BOTA 201PR
Plant physiology and metabolism BOTA 202PR
- sc 3rd year Economic botany and biotechnology BOTA 301PR
Cell and molecular biology BOTA 303PR
- sc 1st year = 33
- sc 2nd year =23
- sc 3rd year =25